Monday, 10 January 2011

Ouch! That Hurt

Today I've just had to phone my vehicle insurance company with details of an accident my other (but not better) half had in my car.  Yesterday whilst driving - slowly, thankfully - in icy conditions, he slid into a POLICE DOG VAN of all vehicles.  Slight damage to both vehicles.  We are not on speaking terms. 

On the brighter side I have just had a phone call inviting me to a job interview tomorrow (perhaps they didn't look at the date of birth on my application), so I'm going to spend today exfoliating, shaving, dyeing, creaming and generally primping an preening in an attempt to make myself look 20 years younger and 3 stones lighter.  If I have any spare time I will also exercise my brain with a couple of crosswords and odd suduko.  All this might take some time so I had better start now.

S A L

P.S.  A funny joke from http://www.guy-sports.com/
 
A group of pensioners were discussing their medical problems at the Day Centre coffee morning.
'Do you realise,' said one, 'My arm is so weak I can hardly hold this coffee cup.'
'Yes, I know.' replied the second, 'My cataracts are so bad I can't see to pour the coffee.'
'I can't turn my head,' rejoined the third, 'because of the arthritis in my neck.'
'My blood pressure pills make my dizzy,' commented the fourth, adding, 'I guess that's the price we pay for getting old.'
'Well, it's not all bad.' piped up the first, 'We should be thankful that we can still drive.'

No comments:

Post a Comment